10 NOT TO BE MISSED SAFETY TIPS AT THE DENTIST DURING COVID-19
A very warm welcome back to all our lovely and dear patients. We would like to extend our gratitude to each one of you for all your patience in waiting for our clinic to resume operations amidst this crisis.
To ensure the safety of our patients and our staff members, there are 10 simple steps that we would like all our patients to follow when they come for their dental visit during this COVID times.
(BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT)
- Book an appointment & Fill the online declaration form: All patients at Braces & Smiles are requested to take appointments over the phone. We will not be allowing any walk-in patients to enter the clinic premises.
To ensure that all patients coming to the clinic are healthy and free of any symptoms, we will be asking you to fill out an online declaration form (hyperlink to the form). Let us know in advance if you or any of your family members have had any Covid19 symptoms in the last 14 days like fever, dry cough, difficulty in breathing, etc. If yes, then we request you to delay your dental visit. Braces & Smiles has made a form online, so patients need not touch pens to sign these forms in the clinic.
- Come with minimal belongings, but with a fresh mask: We would advise you to not carry any belongings to the clinic. If you happen to get any, we would be giving you a self-seal bag at the reception to deposit your belongings. Loose personal belongings are not permitted inside the operatory. Please make sure that you are wearing a mask when you come to the clinic.
- Brush your teeth and use the washroom at home before leaving for the clinic: Guidelines by global health associations recommend that its best to avoid the use of toilets outside your home to prevent cross-infection. At Braces & Smiles, we sanitize the washrooms after use. However, it is always safer to use the washroom at home, so that one can avoid using the toilet in the clinic.
- Arrive on time, call us and wait in your car: Once you reach near the clinic, please call the clinic and inform us about your arrival. Kindly wait in your car. The receptionist will give you a call when the clinic is ready to receive you. This will ensure that we do not have any other patients sitting in the reception. Arriving on time is essential to avoid a crossover with other patients.
- Come alone into the clinic: All patients are requested to come alone into the clinic. If you have an accompanying person along, he or she will have to wait down or in the vehicle. In the case of children or a patient with special needs, one person may accompany the patient when they come to the clinic. We encourage the parents to let the child come alone in the clinic and the parent can wait in the vehicle. If the parent comes to the clinic, then they will be made to wait in the reception. No parents or guardian will be allowed inside the operatory with the kids.
(AT THE CLINIC)
- Avoid touching any surface: Once you reach the clinic, do not open the door or push it with your hands. Please wait and let the clinic staff open the door for you. Our receptionist will check your temperature and oxygen saturation to make sure you are fine. Our dental assistant will then escort you to the operatory. Please make sure you do not touch anywhere in the clinic.
- Use the mouthwash on doctor’s instructions: Once seated on the dental chair, you will be asked to remove your mask and rinse your mouth with a special mouth rinse for 1 minute, before we check your teeth. Do NOT spit or rinse during or after the procedure.
- First sanitize then re-mask, after the procedure: Once you are done with the procedure, please sanitize your hands with the alcohol-based sanitizer. Please wear your mask again.
- Digital Payments: We would encourage all patients to make contactless digital payments. Cash or card is not the best option for payments in these times. Please collect your belongings and sanitize your hands once again before leaving the clinic. Our staff will open the door for you to leave the clinic.
(AFTER THE APPOINTMENT)
- Monitor yourself for the next few days: If you start feeling sick, with any of the symptoms of Covid19 within 14 days of your appointment, please make sure to call us and inform us about the same. There are chances that you could have been already carrying the virus at the time of your appointment, so anyone who came in contact with you on that day could be at risk too. This way you could make us alert and help us in preventing the further spread of the virus.We hope that after reading this, a lot of your questions are answered. We can assure you that if you follow these simple steps, you will be safe and healthy.Click here to book your appointment. See you soon.